The Rise of the Apps: Mobile Application Can Help Manned Security Guards
By amisha - Wednesday, 4th July 2012
On Friday (June 29) the San Francisco Chronicle reported that a mobile application provider for business procedure automation had created an app to aid manned security guards report on their patrols efficiently. It can even be used without a cellular or Internet connection! I really do believe this app, created by Flowfinity, will prove to be revolutionary in the business processing department, because where manned security officers may lack a strong mobile telephone or Internet network they can still be in constant contact with their superiors where they may be in difficulty in the field or even if they just need to process their paperwork as soon as possible; whatever the reason it seems like an effective, modern way of processing necessary paperwork.
As well as having the ability to report on incidents and the overall status of their patrol, the Security Guard Management App has numerous other special features that sound fantastic for sharing information wherever and whenever there is a need to:
• Status Tracking: This feature is utilised for comprehensive reporting and documentation of a guard tour. All reports can then be filed into a central pool of records so that when a guard comes to a location he/she will find that forms for that particular location are routinely displayed on their mobile device due to the geo-tagging feature having been previously used at that location.
• Geo Tagging: GPS location data can be used to tag the place in which security teams submit their reports, which include reporting incidents and inspections. This GPS record ensures any reports in the field are completely accurate.
• Scheduling and Dispatch: By using this app, the use of ‘old-school’ administrative resources are kept at a minimal level because it is an up-to-date feature detailing where your guards are by sending reports directly to other smartphones or tablets using the application. Minimising the use of human administration means unnecessary expenditure should be kept at a minimal level too.
• Bulletins: Any essential messages and alerts can be sent to security staff using push notifications on their smart-phones.
• Document Management System: Patrol reports and important messages amongst many other documents can be saved into a central pool that can be accessed quickly and easily by any mobile device also using the application.
Security guards are often regarded to be a crucial part of the day-to-day running of business, including acting on and deterring crime within the retail sector. To hire manned security guards/officers, here at Churchill Security Limited will be happy to assist with any queries you may have.